What? Yes! Raw Buckwheat porridge with coffee and chocolate flavour? Your mouth is already watering ha? I found a great recipe on a Slovenian blog site with a different variation. The most important thing for me was the preparation of the raw buckwheat porridge. The rest of it just depends of the taste. But come on coffee and chocolate? Like a dessert, but a healthy one for breakfast! So here we go… Ingredients: per serving
- 30g of buckwheat
- coffee / espresso / turkish / instant
- 1/2 scoop of chocolate whey or cocoa
- desired fruit for toppings
- When you want to eat raw buckwheat porridge the only ‘hard’ thing is that you have to plan it a bit because you have to soak the buckwheat in water over night. The reason is that the buckwheat has to soften therefore you don’t need to cook it. So the first step – soak it in the bowl of water over night.
- Next morning rinse it with water so the water comes out clear. Put it in a blender and add some prepared espresso coffee or you can also use prepared turkish coffee or instant. It doesn’t really matter the form you make your coffee. Then add 1/2 scoop of chocolate whey or substitute that with 100% cocoa. Or both, why not? You can maybe add a bit of desired milk or water so the mixture will be more watery and not so thick – this totally depends on your taste. I like to leave it like that because I regulate the consistency with the amount of coffee.
- Pour or scoop the mixture in a bowl and top it with fruit / peanut butter + coconut flakes. I used 3 dates, coconut flakes and 1 tsp ob crunchy peanut butter. Normally I would put some more colourful fruit like kiwi or a banana but oh well I fancied dates this morning.